Friday 4 December 2020

Tim Holtz Feathered Cardinal...

Hello friends and HAPPY DieCember everyone!!

Today, I'm popping by to let you know all about the beautiful Feathered Cardinal free gift available at Simon Says Stamp with any Tim Holtz brand purchase! This offer is WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, so if you don't want to miss out ~ I'd be quick of your marks in getting your order placed and securing this die ready for your Christmas makes...

...and with Christmas makes in mind, I was so honoured to be asked to make a couple of projects for inspiration and hope you love what I've created! 

For my first piece, I made a hanging home decor project that features the Feathered Cardinal, together with a few other of my much loved Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies. The dies I used include, the Stunning Snowflake die, Festive Trims and some of you might recognise the branch, which I took from the Arthur Colorise Thinlits Die Set but gave it a snowy effect with Grit Paste, Rock Candy Glitter and Mica Flakes. I also added some frosty holly leaves using the Mini Festive Greens Die Set coloured with Rustic Wilderness and Peeled Paint Distress Stains.


The bauble I’ve used as a base is from a local hobby store, it's made of MDF piece and is approximately 7" in diameter, but you could also use a circle if you can’t find a bauble shape. I painted the surface with Speckled Egg and Picket Fence Distress Paint, before adding Grit Paste through the Sparkle Mini layering stencil, from Set 31.

To complete the bauble background, I added Distress Crackle Paste around the edges and a sprinkling of encrusted Mica Flakes, adhered over the top with Matte Collage Medium.
A clippings sticker from the Christmas Sticker Book is added underneath the branch, which as I mentioned is die cut from Woodgrain Watercolor Cardstock, using the Arthur Colorise Die set. I coloured the branch with Gathered Twigs Distress Paint before adding the Grit Paste to give the effect of snow.
To complete the brand I added die cut holly leaves, using the Mini Festive Greens die set and cut from Mixed Media Heavystock coloured with Peeled Paint and Rustic Wilderness Distress Spray Stains.
As a final touch to the leaves, I frosted them with Rock Candy Distress Glitter and Mica Flakes, sprinkled over Matte Collage Medium.

The stunning Snowflake die cut is embossed with Emerald Creek Marshmallow Rock Embossing Powder.

An addition of Christmas flair is added to the die cut Festive Trims die cuts, and attached to the top, together with Crinkle Ribon, dyed with Speckled Egg and Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain,
I love how the Mica Flakes create an icy, frosty look to the edges of the bauble and the branch.

Recipe for project:

Distress Paint: Picket FenceSpeckled Egg, Gathered Twigs
Distress Inks for watercoloring the cardinal: Candied Apple, Black Soot, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade
Distress Crayon: Walnut Stain
Crinkle Ribbon and bauble shaped MDF plaque from my own stash



So, that’s my Feathered Cardinal Bauble finished, now for the second project!


PROJECT NUMBER 2

I made this card in a chalkboard style and combined Tim's Sketch Greenery, Christmas Tiny Text and Bold Tidings 1 stamps from Stampers Anonymous, with the Feathered Cardinal and some Festive Greens.
The background is stamped in Stazon Snowflake Pigment Ink, with the holly stamp from Sketch Greenery. I stamped directly onto black card and coloured with Polychromos Pencils, before adding a splatter of Picket Fence Distress Paint over the top using Tim’s Splatter Brush.
Tis The Season is stamped using the Bold Tidings 1 stamp set, using Stazon Snowflake Ink onto black card, and mounted onto silver metallic card, die cut using the Stacked Postage die set, which I have in my stash.

I painted a Tiny Clip with Candied Apple Distress Paint before being attached to the side of the stamped message.

Using the Christmas Tiny Text stamp set, the Be Joyful tab was stamped onto black card using the Stazon Snowflake Ink Pad and cut to size, then added onto the side of the card.


Recipe for project:

Sizzix: Feathered Cardinal Mini Holiday Greens, Postage Stamp Stacked Thinlits Die
Distress Inks for watercoloring the cardinal: Candied Apple, Black Soot, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade
Distress Crayon: Walnut Stain
Distress Paint: Candied Apple
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today ~ stay safe and well, and see you again soon.
Love Emma xxx


5 comments:

  1. Both just so pretty , you know Ilove details... I see those baubles 😉😍 Great job on the cardinal too !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your creations are wonderful but the baubles is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING makes Emma - I know we have already discussed it over and over, but you just have such an amazing talent. What a gift to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned both of these, just absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your first project! It is absolutely breathtaking! I can't wait until I get my cardinal die to create hopefully some beautiful projects such as yours! Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews