Tuesday 17 October 2017

Wicked...

Hello friends...

Hope you've all had a good start to the new week and you're enjoying Tim Holtz's Halloween Inspiration Series and been inspired by all the wonderful projects that have been shared by some very talented designers! You can catch up with all the projects over on Tim's Facebook and Instagram pages.

Today, I'm sharing my Wicked project ~ a wallhanging that would be perfect to display amongst all your Halloween decorations and at the end of the post, I will include a list of ingredients I've used to create this piece and I hope you'll be inspired by some of the tricks and treats along the way that can be used on your projects, whether they are home decor or cards...

So, here we go...the creative cauldron is bubbling and here's how I created this project!

To begin with I cut two panels of mixed media heavy stock card, 16 x 13cm and the second, 6.5 x 13cm...this is a perfect weight of card for this project and technique that I'm going to use.

To get that gorgeous wicked green background colour, I used Distress Oxide Ink Pads and applied a combination of Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron and just a touch of Iced Spruce to my craft sheet. Mist the ink with water and then taking your panels of card, swish the card through the inks, picking up the colour. Heat dry the inked card and if you need to pick up more colour from the sheet, go back into the ink, to layer the colours of ink.

Once I was happy with the colour, I heat dried the card thoroughly and then inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.

Taking the larger piece of card and using the stars from the Witchcraft die, place the die in the top left hand corner of the card and run it through the machine to cut the stars into the card.

Machine stitch a 'wonky' border around the outside of each panel of inked card and then matt the card onto metallic kraft stash. The die cut stars on the larger piece of card, now shine through.
To complete the larger panel, matt the layers onto a piece of green classic kraft stash, distressed around the edges. I then attached both of the panels to the backing which I created from a piece of thick chipboard, again cut into two separate panels ~ 16 x 18cm and 8 x 14.5cm. I painted the chipboard with two coats of Black Soot Distress Paint and then once those layers were dry, I dry brushed, Brushed Pewter Distress Paint over the top to create a worn effect to surface.

Die cut the witch and two separate images of the cat from black card and run the die cut images through a Xyron machine, applying a layer of the adhesive to the side that you want uppermost ~ as you can see from the picture below, I reversed the die cut of the two cats, so that they face opposite ways! Sprinkle the images with Black Soot Distress Glitter and tap away the excess.
I attached the glittered images to the larger panel using foam pads to create dimension and added one black cat onto a pumpkin piece which I sliced in half and fixed directly onto the card using Collage Medium.
Add a bed of cheesecloth, dyed with Pumice Stone and Antique Linen Distress Spray Stains, to ground the images and to complete this section, I added a Ephemera piece in the top left corner.

For the lower panel, I used the Wicked die from the Vintage Spirits die set and again cut the wording from black card. I then used the same technique to emboss the lettering as I used on the Ornate Owl in this post, click HERE.
To complete the smaller panel, I attached the stars that were originally cut from the large piece of green card and used Collage Medium to secure them into place.

Finally, I punched two holes into the bottom of the large panel and two holes in the top of the small panel, aligning the holes on each of the panels so that they would hang straight. I added the mini book rings through the holes, joining the separate panels together.
As a finishing touch, I used one of Tim's Display Hangers, clipped it to the top and then used a Remnant Rub, "enchanted spells" to complete the wall hanger.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and thank you to everyone who has taken their time to leave me a comment on all the recents shared posts...it means so much to me to read them all!
See you soon...Emma x


Cheesecloth and chipboard from my own stash

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much...this I am definitely going to make to hang on my wall...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Fabulous Emma. Love the black glittery effect of the silhouette dies- the light really picks it up well and the halved pumpkin - so clever. You sure have kept us enthralled over the past few weeks - thank you for all the smiles
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Williams I love how your mind works! Every time a new piece is shown I can't believe how you even thought up the idea! That green background with the glittered witch...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Emma! I'm really enjoying all of your pieces. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved every single piece that you have shared in the inspiration series. And what a brilliant idea to use your Xyron for your glittered pieces!! I never would have though it that. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Paula above, I'm so impressed of your creativity. How you can come up with all the ideas of projects. And they are so detailed and delicate. ( hope I can use that word in a sentense like this, I hope you understand what I mean) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at all that green! LOVE the double panels, and all the elements, but especially that green!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, this has to be my favourite of all your work this Halloween, that green makes it. Really is awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews