Tuesday 16 June 2015

Shaken, Not Stirred...

Hey everyone!

First of all, I just wanted to say a really big thank you for all your recent blog visits and your lovely comments! I always read each and every word and they all mean the world to me!

Now back to today's post and with Father's Day this weekend, I thought I'd drop by to show you a couple of cards that I created for the June issue of Making Cards Magazine and made with love, especially for all those wonderful Dads! Full instructions of how to create these cards are included in Making Cards which is available HERE, as a back copy.

For the first card, and I think this has to be my favourite of the two...I created a suit card which is perfect for those Dads who like to think they could be James Bond or maybe even David Beckham, once in a while!

As you can see from all the photos, there's lots of detail in this card from the machine stitched front section to the little handkerchief poking out of the pocket....
....I also included that snappy red polka dot bow tie for an extra bit of pizazz!
And even the suit buttons are all stitched.

I completed the card by adding some Tim Holtz die cut letters and some faux stitching around the outside.

For the second card, I chose a more relaxed look and used Craftwork Cards Suits You Sir papers to create my shirt.
The tie on this card is created using card stock and I added two little buttons to hold down the collar.
If you look closely I also added some faux stitching around the pocket, the tie and the folded sleeve.
The shirt is then layered over the top of some gorgeous woven cardstock from DCWV and as an added touch, I machine stitched a border around the outside.
To complete this card I added some buttons and a die cut message.
I really hope these inspire you to create similar versions of your own and if you do, then I would love to see them...so, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Thanks for stopping by today and see you again soon!
Love Emma xx

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Emma!!! Your work is always so inspiring! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great fun ! Perfect for the menfolk in our lives ! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great for father's day. pity i don't have template :( . great, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Masculine cards ! Emma. I find myself saying yet again your attention to detail is superb! So many little touches- make for one very dapper card and one very cool casual card !
    I'm sure there are many men out there who would love to receive either one of these .
    Thankyou for the inspiration you are always so willing to share xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews