Monday 4 July 2011

Peace

It's another beautiful day, here in London and I think today, is going to be all about...me!! hehe... For the last month, I haven't been able to get off the crafty roundabout, I've had so many projects that I've been working on, the magazine, Clarity, Craftwork Cards...it's literally been wall to wall, card and project making. It's a good job, I love what I do and I have been loving what I've been up to over the last ten days...I've had a ball making my projects for the Spellbinders Cross Promotional Partnership with Craftwork Cards and they are now in very safe hands, ready for the next stage of this exciting adventure. I know I've been teasing and I promise, as soon as I can...you will all get to see what I've been doing! :)

In the meantime, it's Christmas in July on my blog, this week because I'll be showing you all the samples that I made for the Clarity shows that were live on Create and Craft, yesterday and here's card, number two ~ hope you like it!!
On this card, I actually combined a the stamp set above and also used the Holly & Ivy Flourish that will be coming up on another card, later in the week but the main focus on this card is the Text Box stamp, together with the miniature images that go inside.
I chose to keep the colours on this card, quite neutral using Distress Inks and Promarkers to colour in the Holly and Ivy bough but then I added that pop of red which just lifted it and for me, gave it a really "oldy worldy", vintage feel. As a finishing touch, I added the snowflake die cut from a Spellbinders die.



Well, I'm off to enjoy my day of semi~relaxation...I never have a complete day off!! My mind is always onto the next big thing and I'm always thinking of new exciting ideas!!
Hope you all have a wonderful day and thank you, for all the positive and lovely comments on yesterday's card. Helen, your comment made me giggle...that was exactly what was happening at Chez Williams' when we were watching the show. Isn't it frustrating? ;)
See you all tomorrow with another Christmas share!!
Love Emma
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Inspirational! That's what I think of your cards, Emma. I love seeing them and watch the Clarity shows in awe of the samples shown. Enjoy your day.Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours on this card, gorgeous!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this one's stunning Emma. You've made both stamp sets work beautifully together.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous card - love it when you combine the sets as it shows the versatility of them.
    Having just read thispost I've been back and seen Helen's comment from yesterday - I was exactly the same

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous creation Emma. I love the subtle colouring. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas time!?!? In July?!?! :-o guess I should go shopping for a tree! ;p

    Even though my head is spinning seeing Christmas items in the summer, it helps to keep one cool seeing your lovely holiday cards! :D the stamps are quite lovely and I like the brilliant layered snow flake in the corner!

    Fabulous work! :D
    <333

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoed your day off, Emma. You deserve it, you work sooooo hard.
    I love the vintage feel to this card, that holly flourish is gorgeous.
    I had to go back and read Helen's comments and I think it's great the way Barbara always mentions carefully who has designed each card, she has true appreciation for your stunning work which must make it all worthwhile!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews