Saturday 30 April 2011

Limited Edition

Well, what can I say about yesterday...except it was quite magical. And Kate's dress was stunning, elegant, chic and classic...everything I hoped for in a Sarah Burton design. The whole day was a wonderful occasion and London has never looked so beautiful. I was proud to be British...
But as always these events are over way too quickly and we all have to return to normal...a bit like Cinderella when the clock strikes midnight! lol And when that clock does strike midnight it means one thing and one thing only...time to get crafty!!!

And here's my share for today...hope you like it!
As you all know, I do have a little bit of a soft spot for all things Tim Holtz and I thought it would be nice to do a Timmy style tag, just for a change!!
The colours are all blended onto a Manila Cardstock tag using Distress Inks, which I had first adhered a torn page from a book to one of the corners. Then it was just a matter of building up my stamps and playing with some die cuts, to achieve the result that I wanted.

So, before I go...I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who left a comment on the last post!! I was overwhelmed by the reaction to my card and I really can't thank you enough!!

So, it's goodbye from me until Monday, when I shall return with the first of my Clarity samples from the infamous shows on Create and Craft!! Can't wait to show everyone what I made but before then, please keep your fingers crossed that no presenters decide to lean on them or just get so excited, that they forget to show the samples!!! Katina, you have my permission to email the studio if they do!! lol ;)

Hope you all tune in tomorrow to see Barbara at work with some stunning stamps, live on C&C at 10:00am-12:00pm and again, at 2:00pm-3:00pm

See you Monday and have a wonderful weekend!
Love Emma
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Yesterday was truly magical and so emotional on my part - I don't know how Kate's mum held it together!

    Your tag is fabulous - the inking is beautiful and the embellishments perfect as always.

    Looking forward to seeing your Clarity samples. Have a great weekend.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went in to the wedding rather cynical but really, as it unfolded I found myself loving it more and more! it really had that fairy tale feel to it...right down to the extra kiss on the balcony! :* :*

    but you're right, normal service must be restored after a day of celebration...and nothing like a bit of Emma brilliance to ease back into it! ;)

    what an stunning earthy sort of design...the lovely shades of fall-like colours are amazing! Tim Holtz rarely disappoints!

    Can't wait to see MORE of your lovely work on the telly tomorrow! :D
    <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very Tim and very beautiful Emma! Fabulous! Lol, looking forward to seeing your unsquashed creations tomorrow! I need to nip our in the morning so might have to record the first show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag

    Looking forward to tomorrows programme and hoping to see some of your samples

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Emma, It's Tim Holtz but still with your elegant touch - love it! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just seen one of your cards on the show today - absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you do with the rosette dies! I ordered them at Ally Pally but still waiting as theyre out of stock! Hope you're enjoying the long weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emma. Sorry I've been AWOL this week, but I've caught up with all your stunning creations now.
    You must really have caught the excitement of Friday living in London. I would love to have been there, it was amazing and everyone looked so happy. The day was perfect and Will and Kate make a perfect couple, they both looked stunning as did Kate's Sister, WOW!!
    Your TH Tag is beautiful. I love all the detail you've included but toning everything in the same colours makes it look very simple.
    I watched the Clarity shows today and enjoyed picking out your cards, they are easy to spot and were breathtaking, especially the Geisha set. I shall look forward to see them up close and personal when you post them.
    Enjoy Bank Holiday Monday.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. This tag is fabulous, love all the 'build up' and details.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews