Monday 16 August 2010

Snowflakes are Winter's Kisses....

Happy Monday and I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.

As for me? I had a good weekend and even managed some relaxation time...I know, it's a miracle! I'd forgotten what that was! But I do love what I do and I'm never happier than when I'm creating my little masterpieces and just lately, I'm pushing myself to become more and more creative...trying to find new ideas for cards all the time. As much as I love the easel card and I was even tempted by Kirsty Wiseman's new inventive idea of the double easel card which I saw her make on Create and Craft last week...I really did want to try some new ideas to showcase all the fabulous products that are around and with this card...I hope I've done just that! To be honest, you know when you make a card and just will NEVER be able to bring yourself to give it away?? Well...for me, this is it!!!
It's actually a frame card and everything that you see on this card, is created by my own fair hand from two pieces of A4 cardstock and a scoring board and my tip for making a card such as this...use good quality card...I used Centura Pearl in Snow White from Crafter's Companion and the pearlescent sheen that you get with this card, is stunning!! I've really tried to show you every little detail about this card and I hope that the photos can do it all justice.
The main decoupage image, is of course from the Gorjuss Winter Decoupage by The Crafthouse Press and when I saw it, I really wanted to showcase the beauty of these illustrations and a frame just seemed like the perfect idea! I die cut the snowflakes using Spellbinders Snowflake dies together with some more Centura Pearl card and I punched some Bazzill card, using a Martha Stewart punch to make the little picket fence behind the main image. The snow comes courtesy of Flower Soft and just gives that wonderful feel of freshly fallen snow. As finishing touches, I added some adhesive gems to complete the look.
So, I really hope you love this card and thanks for stopping by to take a look...it's always fab to hear what my fellow crafters and friends have to say!!
Have a wonderful week....
Love Emma
x

4 comments:

  1. You continually outdo yourself with each and every card! :D

    This one is STUNNING! You're really doing some imaginative things with 3D elements that REALLY take your cards to the next level! This one is no different....

    I don't even know where to begin! I could list so much here but the highlights for me include the image itself, OF COURSE! The Gorjuss images are just so perfect in their simplicity of design but speak volumes...love the backing paper and die cuts and snowflakes but what you've done with the flakes of snow on the ground and on her hat is stunning! :D

    So proud of you...JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma this one is just beutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Emma my feet are feeling all cold as if I was out in the snow with that lovely image and her hidden feet in the snowy flower soft just a fabulous card.
    thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beuatiful card. I love all the snow and that fab image. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Marianne x PS please turn off word verfication. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews