Friday 20 August 2010

Let's Dance

Friday already...can you believe how time flies? So another week over and I'm working hard on lots of new projects, which I hope to show you all over the coming weeks. But today's card is a stamped image, that I found in my crafty stash of "things to do", which I'd started to make but hadn't got around to finishing and I am so pleased I did stumble across it because, I love this card I was able to make with. 
The main stamped image comes courtesy of my craft hero, Tim Holtz! I just love his quotes and this is one of my particular faves. I used Distress Inks for the background colours, then overstamped with co-ordinating colours, which I then dusted with Perfect Pearls to give a shimmery look to the image, which I hope you can see in some of the photos, because it gives such a beautiful finish. I finally stamped the quote in Archival black ink. On the edges of all the papers, I used a paper distresser to give that grungy, feel to the card and then inked just the edges. The flowers are die cut in the same papers using my trusty Spellbinders Flower Creation dies and held together with metal brads. And I used Distress Stickles in the centres, to give a glittery look to the flowers. Last but not least, I added a die cut flourish from Tim's range for Sizzix.
So, no matter the weather this weekend...enjoy and have a fabulous time!!
Love Emma
xxx

4 comments:

  1. It's completely yummy

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Emma this is totally 'Tim' lol - love it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that quote! on so many levels, really one of my favourites! :)

    and what a stunning card to set the quote on...rustic and worn...really lovely rust-like colours and frayed edges along with those flowers...just perfect!

    beautiful beautiful beautiful! :D <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're blog is just stunning...I have sent you a Blog award...details are on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews