Monday 21 June 2010

Lazy Days

Well, the weekend got off to a rather lacklustre start with the England game in South Africa, not really going the way we would've all hope for and liked but....as always, there's light at the end of the tunnel and things could only get better. And they did....

I spent a lovely day with my Dad yesterday, treating and spoiling him for Father's Day. There are times when there's nothing better than being quintessentially English...summer garden fetes,cricket being played in the parks and the chiming sound of the ice cream van, signalling it's arrival...how better could you enjoy a Sunday afternoon, than this?

And to be honest, the card I'm sharing with you today, makes me think of those sort of times! Lazy days full of gooey chocolate chip cookies and soda...absolutely perfect!!
Once again, the image is from Lili of the Valley. If you haven't checked out their range of stamps...you must!!! They are adorable. I matted and layered DCWV papers, together with Bazzill Basics cardstock onto a scalloped card blank from Craftwork Cards. I then die cut the octagonal shape using Spellbinder's Nestabilities, stamped the image onto one of the die cut shapes and used Promarkers to colour it in. And I was thinking when I was colouring this in...how many times do we ever do red hair on our images? So for a change...this little boy is a cute lil red head!! As finishing touched I added flowers, buttons, a greeting plaque ~ threaded with twine and some card candy.

I hope you all have a fabulous week....
Emma
x

1 comment:

  1. awww...just an adorable little card! and you're really getting your money's worth with the Lily of the Valley images...they're just perfect!

    interesting octagonal cut this time...I like it! and I really like the backing paper and the colours! but the image steals the show for me...not only the image itself but how your coloured it...especially the red hair!!! a couple of scruffy kids, sharing a lifelong moment together! :)

    really really cute, well done! :D <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews