Saturday 12 June 2010

Football's Coming Home...

Three lions on the shirt

Jules Rimet still gleaming
No more years of hurt
No more need for dreaming 

In honour of England playing their first match in the World Cup today, how could I not make something to show my support for the team! And here it is....

I chose to make this a wardrobe style card, something a little bit special and all tied up with a lovely satin ribbon. The card blank, is covered with a red and white spot paper, which I also cut into strips, to make the St. George's Cross on the back and front of the card. I combined all this, together with some white Bazzill card which I embossed with an embossing folder through the Cuttlebug.

Once again for this card, I used the adorable little footballer image, rubber stamp from Lili Of The Valley and coloured it in using Promarkers. I stamped the image onto a large scalloped square, which I die cut using a Nestabilities die but stamped the football twice, covered it with glossy accents and then decoupaged it, to give the feel of it flying through the air. As final touches, I added some card candy, a greetings plaque from Craftwork Cards and adhered some more die cuts using various Nestabilities dies, to the front and back of the card, for the sender's personalised message!

1 comment:

  1. What a simply ingenious little card!!! annnnnnnd MORE FOOTBALL!!! :D

    apart from the Beckham-like image from Lili of the Valley...I LOVE how the card folds and displays the St. George's Cross...that's brilliant! Any footy fan worth his salt would LOVE getting this card! ;)

    brilliantly done! <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews