Thursday 24 June 2010

Distressed...

Well, I started this week loaded with good intentions and one by one...it all went horribly wrong, culminating in a complete internet shut-down yesterday! But as always, I'm looking on the bright side and this time next week, I will be demonstrating for my very first time at the QVC Customer Craft Event in London! Am I nervous?? ...hell yeah but I'm really looking forward to it and I can't wait to show off all the wonderful goodies from The Crafthouse Press.

But back to today and the card that I want to share with you....
I am really proud of this card...and this is my very first project that I've made using the Melting Pot. And believe me, it will be the first of many. I've actually wanted the Melting Pot for a very long time and I was lucky enough to be given it as a present for my Birthday and I LOVE it....it's everything I expected plus more....
I combined my Melt art, which you can see in the shot above, together with some other fabulous products from Ranger and Tim Holtz, including Perfect Pearls and Tim's ~ Urban Chic Rubber Stamps, Distress Inks and Distress Stickles. I adore experimenting with new techniques and these just suit my style perfectly.

Using Perfect Medium, I stamped the images onto some black Co-Ordinates card, which I had lightly sanded to give a distressed look. Then, I dusted over the stamped image with the Perfect Pearls, which leaves this beautiful, pearlescent shimmery appearance to the image. Once all this is done, it's just a matter of building up the card with some matting and layering and then, using the stamps to give this wonderful collage effect to the overall appearance. I even stamped the flowers, so that they appeared grungy and in keeping with the rest of the card.

Even if you don't think you can do the grunge look on cards...give it a go! You only need to make it as grungy or distressed as you want...but once you start, there will probably be no stopping!! Me, I'm just a happy stamper, who loves getting messy and will always find new and inventive ideas to work with.

5 comments:

  1. Right out of the gate, the Melting Pot is worth it's weight in gold!

    This is simply a stunning card! the added dimension of what the Melting Pot brings to your card makes all the difference! The distress work is magnificent, as usual but then that little touch of shine really sets it off perfectly...just brilliant!

    and I KNOW you'll knock 'em dead down at QVC next week!!! :D <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! and good luck - you'll be fab! :o)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah...

    And if I'm half as good as you were on C&C...I'll be really, really pleased! You were fab....

    :)

    Emma
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma, that is a truly beautiful card, but I'm afraid it's not eligible for our challenge. To enter at I ♥ Promarkers you need to have used Promarkers on your card and also link back to our blog.
    Please join us again next time. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews