Friday 7 May 2010

Funny Girl

So, the General Election is over and here in the UK, we're waking up to a hung Parliament. Hmmm, that should be an interesting prospect.

As for me, it's been a busy week but as busy as I am, there's always time to make cards and here's todays....
I actually collect Momiji dolls, so when I saw these images from Craftwork Cards, I knew exactly where my inspiration would come from. I coloured in the image using Promarker Pens in the classic oriental colours of red and black and then matted and layered my little girl, using 3D foam for a slight elevation, on top of some large scalloped ovals that I die cut using Spellbinders dies. These fabulous metallic backing papers, that I've used are from Hot Of The Press, and I think they work absolutely perfectly with the image. Finally, I added some gorgeous pearlescent flowers, with a card candy centre and a greetings plaque, which once again, are all from Craftwork Cards. I adhered a ribbon across the card and a little knotted bow and then as my finishing touch, a tiny little adhesive gem in the centre of her hair.
Hope everyone has a fab Friday and hope you all have a great weekend, whatever the weather and whatever you're doing.

1 comment:

  1. awww...absolutely LURV that Momiji image! Too cute! :D that backing paper is TO-DIE-FOR! Hot off the Press, indeed! ;p
    and you KNOW how much I love those colours! My FAVOURITES!!!

    You've outdone yourself AGAIN, baby! Fabulous work as always! :D <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews