Thursday 22 April 2010

Flutter by...

Hope you're all having a very happy Thursday and enjoying some beautiful weather near you. 

Me? Well, even though the sun is begging me to enjoy it ~ Today, I've been working on some very special projects featuring the new Vintage 3D Pyramid Decoupage range from The Crafthouse Press. At the moment the final touches are being added, glue is drying, feathers added and *drum roll* I'll be unveiling the two cards I've made over the next few days...

...but until then, here's a card I made for my Dad's Birthday last week.

Yes, I know it looks quite feminine for a man but he is one of the hardest men to make a card for. But I know that he absolutely adores bright spring colours and butterflies, so with this I was on a winning combination. 

So, how did I make it? Firstly, I covered a square white card blank with some backing papers in colours that you don't necessarily think might go together but work amazingly well. I then cut scalloped circle matts, using Spellbinders dies in various sizes. Taking the larger matts, I stamped a swirl onto the white card, added some adhesive gems, touches of glitter glue and then adhered both matts to the card front. These stunning acetate butterflies are from QVC and to be honest I bought them a while back and up until now, I haven't used them but on this card, I thought they complimented the design, so well and popped a couple onto the stamped swirls to give the effect of them flittering around. I used a Martha Stewart punch on the borders running horizontally across the card, layered them and then tied a piece of yellow organza ribbon around them. I added a stamped greeting plaque, using Paula Pascual's acrylic stamp set and finally some of the beautiful pearlescent card flowers that only Craftwork Cards can do so well.

1 comment:

  1. You father has WONDERFUL taste and this card proves it! :)

    The colours are bright but aren't overpowering...they really provide that perfect base to show off those lovely butterflies! I also love the swirls you stamped...as you say, it gives that feeling of motion...a brilliant touch! :D

    Well done with this springtime gem of a card! Keep 'em coming!!! :D <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews