Tuesday 9 March 2010

Untamed...Part 1

Last year, I came across an illustrator called Suzanne Woolcott and instantly fell in love with her images. So, when I found that these images were available as rubber stamps and papercrafting materials, I was in my element and I don't think it's any secret how much I love Suzanne Woolcott's illustrations and how much I love working with them.  So, this particular card is the first of three that I've made, using the same Gorjuss, "Untamed" image but trying to make each one, just that little bit different.

For this one, I wanted to keep it fairly tonal and of course, that tone is one of my favourite colours...pink! To begin with, I stamped the image onto a piece of white card, that I'd die cut using the large oval scallop die from Spellbinders. I used distress inks around the edge and coloured in the image, using Promarkers and Marvy le Plume watercolour pens. I matted a piece of backing paper onto square cardstock and then layered the stamped image over it. I used Martha Stewart's butterfly stamp and punch, to create all the little butterflies and adhered these onto the card, slightly lifting the wings, to give the look of them, fluttering around. The leaf fronds, using another Martha Stewart punch, were punched from white card stock and then I dragged a Brilliance Dew Drop ink pad over the surface to give me the co-ordinated colour that I wanted and then flittered it with glitter. Finally I added a silk flower in the corner, with a small button in it's centre.

4 comments:

  1. It seems Martha Stewart's really taking the UK by storm! but I suppose it was just a matter of time, really... :)

    ...and you made good use of her products with this card! Brilliant work with the butterflies...it really adds the right amount of depth and balance to the card...and I especially like the colour choice for Suzanne's image! :D

    A beautiful card....I just love it, baby! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. Love the butterflies!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful dear
    Hugs Jacqui

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews