Sunday 7 March 2010

She's a lady...

I hope everybody's had a wonderful weekend and to end this beautiful sunny day, I thought I'd share another creation.

And today, it's something a little bit different to my recent cards, quite simple in it's beautiful monochromatic tones but very elegant and stylish. I bought this Hero Arts stamp quite a while ago, it might even have been one of my very first rubber stamp purchases but I think it's a beautiful image and it's such a joy to work with.

Using a black Stazon ink pad, I stamped the image onto cream card, which I'd previously punched with a decorative corner punch and then coloured it in, keeping the colours quite subtle and muted, using grey Marvy le Plume watercolour pens. I embossed some black DL cardstock, to give an Art Deco feel to the card and then using some silver mirri card, I matted and layered the image onto it and then adhered this to the embossed card stock. To complete the card, I added a few diamante gems to the corners and a black satin ribbon, run down the side of the card.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! :D

    WOW! I just LOVE the retro-elegance of this card...the Art Deco accents are just perfect! and in BLACK! :)

    AB FAB, Baby! :p <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card sweetie
    Hugs jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews