Tuesday 30 March 2010

More Gorjuss~ness!

Sorry everyone for the lack of posts over the last few days, it was my Mum's birthday at the weekend and it just flew by and even though I did get a small amount of time to make this card, I just blinked and it had gone. Then this post was meant to appear last night but along with many others, I experienced problems uploading my photos...so, in the end, after about three hours of trying ~ I gave up and went to watch Glee instead and for anyone who didn't see it, it was a fantastic episode! 
Anyway, enough of me being a TV critic and back to the card and yes, it is another made from the Gorjuss range that The Crafthouse Press have just released and I make no apologies for flooding my feed with them at the moment...because I love working with them and I hope it was worth the wait!

To make this particular card, I stuck two A6 white card blanks together to give me the tri-fold concertina card shape and then used a corner punch to give me the rounded edges. I cut and adhered some papers from my stash that I've been keeping for ages until I found the right card to use them on and these images seemed to work perfectly. Then with some simple matting and layering with the papers and the Gorjuss images, I set about making up the card. On four panels of the card I used a different image and when the card is closed, it will be perfectly flat to pop into the post. I added buttons, some lovely paper flowers from Petaloo and ribbons as finishing touches and finally, I added a small greetings plaque and stamped 'Make A Wish" message onto it. I was really happy with the end result and I think it makes a lovely little gift card that I'm sure anyone would treasure.


1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful evolution in your art...and it's simply brilliant! :)

    What a great idea to do a tri-fold card...a perfect way to showcase those amazing Gorjuss images! I love how each image is uniquely accented on each panel and then tied together by that lovely backing paper and ribbon!

    Fabulous job, baby...I'm just so proud of you! :D <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews