Wednesday 13 January 2010

On the positive side...

My last post showed a card that I made using the negative image from a sheet of peel offs. So, using the same flower image but this time, the positive image, shows just how versatile these stickers can be.

I think peel offs can make such a stunning looking card and with this card, I really wanted to keep it very simple, elegant and stylish. The image itself is handpainted using Sakura glitter gelly roll pens. Firstly, I apply colour where I want the most dense shade to be and then using a waterbrush, drag out the ink along the petals and this leaves you with a subtle shading in colour. If I want more colour in certain areas then I just apply a little bit more and blend it until I get the correct shades. Once the image is completed and dry, I matted and layered with co-ordinating cardstock and some mirri card. I stamped a swirl using an image from Anna Griffin's acrylic stamp set with a Versamark Dew Drop ink pad in Platinum Planet and finally added a greeting plaque and the finishing touch of some silver gems!


1 comment:

  1. Just amazing...yielding two completely different cards from the same material and in such a unique way...simply brilliant!

    Fabulous card, baby! :) <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews