Wednesday 20 January 2010

May all your wishes come true...

Fairies and Art Deco ~ two things that I absolutely love. And this card, combines both those, with a dark black, magical silhouette of a stunning fairy image and the muted, elegant colours. It just feels very reminiscent of that magnificent and glorious period in time.

Once again, I used a "fancy fold" to make a normal A5 card into an easel card. I'm loving the look of easel cards and they really do make a card look just that little bit different.

The main image of the card was first handstamped using a Versamark Dew Drop Ink pad in Pearlescent Olive and Anna Griffin's rose background stamp. Then using Stamptivity's beautiful, Silhouette Fairy Stamps, I stamped with an Archival Ink in black and overlaid that image, onto the background. This was  then matted and layered onto a piece of black card, which I cut using fancy edged scissors to give a decorative edge and then matted onto a layer of gold mirri card.

On the background of the card, I used the wonderful backing papers from Dovecraft's Fantasy collection, which I made sure matched up on the top and bottom of the card to give a continued, flowing look to the design. As a final touch, I added a greeting plaque and some adhesive gems for that bit of sparkle that we all love.



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your easel cards...in fact I'm a fan of all your "non-traditional" cards! It really shows off your creativity so well! :)

    ...and you switch between themes and colours with such ease but at the same time, NEVER losing that unique and distinct style that's singularly yours!

    Just brilliant, baby! Beautiful work! :D <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card,
    thank you for joining in CCT,
    have a great weekend,
    hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deb,
    It's my pleasure to join in and be part of the wonderful CCT!
    Hope you have a great weekend too...
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us on CCT :)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, thanks Leann,
    That's really nice of you to say... :)

    And I LOVE your blog, btw...you really are very talented and such wonderful designs!

    ~xo Emma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews